The Lost Traveler

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Your gloomy is my gorgeous.

It's 46 degrees and foggy.  The sky is overcast. The sun is nowhere to be seen.  Most people would postulate that this weather is inclement an unattractive.  The old me would stay inside on a day like this.  I used to call this weather "depressing."  I believe that these photos capture a different element of nature.

 Here, at Bald Mountain, I didn't see the fog or overcast skies as a negative aspect of my hike.  Rather, I saw serenity, beautiful leaves, and peacefulness.  The fog added an air of mystery, leaving the hiker wondering what lied ahead.  The low visibility made it rather exciting to hike.  I was never sure what I was going to come up against.
Choose to see the beauty in everything.  Get outside your comfort zone and think for yourself.  Go hiking on a foggy, rainy day.  

The photo above is one of my favorites.  The trail is well visualized at first. Then the dense fog sets in the back.


This little fort made out of sticks and logs was a little sinister.  I thought maybe the Blair Witch was here and out to get me.  I told my group I only had two Nutri-Grain bars to live off of.  Luckily we were able to find our way out with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment